16th Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences
(CSPS) Annual Symposium
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
June 11-14, 2013
Personalized Medicine and Individualized Drug Delivery
A joint conference of:
- Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences (CSPS)
- Canadian Chapter of Controlled Release Society (CC-CRS)
Call for Abstracts for Poster Presentations
Abstracts for poster presentations are being accepted for the 16th Annual Symposium of the Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences, to be held at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, June 11-14, 2013. Abstracts in all areas of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences will be accepted.
The deadline for submission is Friday, 22 March, 2013, and authors will be informed of acceptance by 5 April, 2013.
Posters will be displayed on Wednesday, 12 June OR Thursday, 13 June. Posters will be displayed on Velcro panels; presenters must mount their work using Velcro only. The boards are 3 feet high by 8 feet across. Presenting authors must be registered through CSPS for the conference and be present to discuss their work during all break periods of their assigned day.
All submitted posters will be reviewed by a scientific review committee. Posters presented should contain original work. However, in exceptional cases, work presented elsewhere within the last 12 months may be considered. Such work must be highly original and deemed of high importance by the abstract review committee to merit a second presentation. Work that has been presented elsewhere must be clearly acknowledged at the end of the abstract with the name of the meeting, the date of the original presentation, and referenced to the publication if abstract has been published. Only those abstracts that have not been presented elsewhere can be considered for poster awards.
All presented poster abstracts will be published in the Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts - Please read carefully.
- See Sample Abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English, must contain an adequate body of data, and be free of typographical errors. Please proofread and spell-check abstract before submitting, as it will be printed exactly as it appears when submitted.
- Use Microsoft Word, Font is Times Roman, 11-point, single-spaced. Use the Symbol font for symbols and Greek characters. Do not add in any styles such as headings.
- The length of the abstract should be 200 to 400 words maximum.
- Abstract submission should include the title of your abstract (in sentence case and bold), followed by the authors' full names (first name, last name format) and addresses. Underline the presenting author's name.
- Prepare the main text under the bolded headings: Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
- Small tables of data and/or small figures may be included.
- Naming your file submission: Name the abstract file as the last (family) name of the corresponding author and contain no spaces (e.g. Smith). For multiple submissions, submit a separate form for each abstract, and label with the last name followed by the number of the submission: Smith1 or Smith_1, Smith2 or Smith_2, etc.
- The abstract must be uploaded in Microsoft Word format.
If you wish your poster to be considered for trainee poster awards at the Symposium, a .pdf file of your poster must be submitted online by May 1, 2013 - the link will be provided later to all accepted abstract authors. Please review awards eligibility criteria at http://www.cspscanada.org/Awards.aspx
-> CLOSED <-